A few items of news after our Club meeting last Thursday evening...
- Club member Sean Fox has kindly agreed to take over the role of Treasurer until the AGM in November.
- The motivational theme chosen for this month is "Roads", so head out with your cameras and feel free to interpret this theme in any way you think fit! Members are encouraged to send up to three new images on the theme to this email address by midnight on the Monday before the September meeting for inclusion in the slide-show at that meeting. That means that you should send them by midnight Monday, 9th September. If possible resize your images to 1024 pixels on their longest edge.
- Two slide-shows (for the motivational themes from the last two months) were shown at the Club meeting last Thursday. I hope to get copies of those onto the club's facebook page as soon as possible.
- The Next Club Meeting will be held in The Cabin, Rossinver, Co Leitrim, on the evening of Thursday 12th September from 8:00pm to 10pm. Club member Padraig Thornton has very kindly offered to give us a talk (and possibly a slide-show) at this meeting about some of his nature photographs.
- John Cuddihy, the President of Irish Photographic Federation (IPF) to which we are affiliated, has contacted me about a proposal to establish a North West Region for the IPF. He hopes to hold a meeting of interested clubs in the Mill Park Hotel just outside Donegal town on the evening of Wednesday 11th September. This is the night before our next Club meeting. I shall be attending this meeting on behalf of our club, but if any other club members would be interested watch this space and I shall give you firm details of the time and place once John Cuddihy gets back to me with them.
- A reminder to all club members that we are looking for suggestions as to what you might like to see happening at our monthly meetings. Some suggestions were handed in at last week's meeting, but if you weren't there (or you were but have since thought of new suggestions) please send them to the club's gmail address (rainbowcameraclub @ gmail.com - remove the spaces) - or bring them to the September meeting).